Contact Us for a Free Consultation 727-213-9078

my girlfriend and i got into a fight. I hit her. we made up and are back together. can she just drop the charges

That's a question I'm asked a lot. And the truth is no. Once a crime is reported to the police and an arrest made the victim is actually a state witness. They have no power to insist that the charges be dropped. They can however, as the state attorney's office to drop the charges and that will be considered.

Contact us

John P. Rutkowski, Attorney at Law, is focused on all aspects, Criminal Defense, Criminal Appeals, Driving/Boating Under the Influence. Sale, Delivery, Possession Drugs, All Sex Crimes, Felony & Misdemeanor. Contact us today to schedule an initial consultation.