VEHILCE IMPOUNDS/IMMOBILIZATION PINELLAS COUNTY
Unless the family of the defendant has no other transportation, the vehicle will be immobilized for ten (10) for a first conviction; second conviction within five (5) years, thirty (30) days; and a third conviction within ten (10) years, ninety (90) days. Any impoundment or immobilization must not occur concurrently with any incarceration. The court may dismiss the order of impoundment of any vehicles that are owned by the defendant if they are operated solely by the employees of the defendant or any business owned by the defendant.
DUI IMPOUNDS/IMMOBILIZATION PINELLAS COUNTY
- You must wait at least ten (10) business days after your court date to have your vehicle immobilized.
- You must pay for the immobilization in cash, credit card or money order at the probation office before you will be scheduled for the immobilization.
- Your vehicle will be immobilized with a steering wheel lock.
COST OF IMMOBILIZATION
- 10 Days - $50.00
- 30 Days - $75.00
- 90 Days - $115.00
ADDITIONAL COST FOR OUT OF COUNTY – LIMITED TO CERTAIN ZIP CODES
- Pasco/Hillsborough County - $5.00
- Manatee County - $7.00
- A deputy will contact you during business hours to schedule the immobilization.
- Responsible party must be present at the time of the immobilization. Immobilization will not occur if the responsible person is not present. If not present when the deputy arrives to immobilize the vehicle, an administrative fee/travel fee of $25.00 will be assessed and must be paid before any further immobilization.
- Responsible person is responsible for the vehicle and the contents of the vehicle while immobilized.
- If you no longer have the vehicle that is court ordered to be immobilized or wish to change the vehicle to another vehicle, you must contact the Clerk of Court to set a hearing before the sentencing judge.
- If you own a vehicle and a person other than yourself received a DUI while driving your vehicle, the sheriff's will not immobilize your vehicle if you refuse. The person with the DUI may have their probation violated if not immobilized. Contact me and I will have a hearing set in order to have the immobilization order deleted or immobilized.
PRIVATE IMPOUND COMPANY
If you wish to use a private impound company, you may find an approved company by CLICKING BELOW: