Free Telephone Cosultation (941) 888-0709


arrested in Florida and I am from out of state, can I go to a DUI school in my home state

Posted by John P. Rutkowski | Jul 13, 2022 | 0 Comments

Although Florida seems to have made it very difficult to answer this question, there is a simple answer. If you live out of state and are convicted of a DUI or Reckless Driving in Florida, you will be required to attend and complete a DUI school. In Florida, for a first DUI conviction, completion of a level one DUI school is required before your privilege may be restored. If the conviction is for a second or subsequent DUI, Florida requires completion of a level two DUI school.

Florida will accept any out of state DUI school completion certificate so long as the school is state certified, in the state you live in, and the level or type of course is comparable to the level course required in Florida.

About the Author

John P. Rutkowski

Mr. Rutkowski has been practicing law for the past twenty-seven years. Prior to going to law school Mr. Rutkowski served as a deputy sheriff before retiring to attend law school. Upon graduating law school Mr. Rutkowski served as an Assistant State Attorney in Florida before going in to private practice and representing good people in bad times who have been accused of criminal offenses, dui, and appeals.


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment


Put Mr. Rutkowski's twenty-seven years experience practicing in the areas of DUI, BUI, Administrative Driver License Suspension Hearings, Administrative Hardship License Hearings and Criminal Traffic. Contact Mr. Rutkowski today for a free telephone consultation.

Paulson Center

18245 Paulson Drive Port Charlotte, FL 33954