Contact Us for a Free Consultation 866-517-0007



If convicted after a trial or if after pleading guilty after losing a dispositive motion you have an automatic right, within 30 days after being sentenced and the sentencing being filed with the Clerk of Courts, to appeal. Failure to file a notice of appeal within 30 days will, as a matter of law, cause you to lose that right.

Bond While on Appeal

If the case is appealed you may asked the trial judge to allow you to stay free on bond until the appeals court rules on the case. Usually the judge will do this if it is believed you have a good reason for appealing and believes you will appear in court. Bail on appeal is not automatic. Your attorney has to argue the reasons the judge should grant such request.

Contact us

John P. Rutkowski, Attorney at Law, is focused on all aspects, Criminal Defense, Criminal Appeals, Driving/Boating Under the Influence. Sale, Delivery, Possession Drugs, All Sex Crimes, Felony & Misdemeanor. Contact us today to schedule an initial consultation.